iMovie '06 Question, can I cut an existing video in half?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Khryz, Aug 23, 2007.

1. Khryz macrumors 6502a

I made this slideshow video on my old PC using Windows Movie Maker. I saved it on a flash drive and then copied it to this MacBook so I can still watch it. However, I want to cut the video in half so that I have 2 smaller pieces so I can upload them to a particular site.

Problem is, I have no idea if iMovie can do this. This video was obviously not made by iMovie or any other Mac application. Is there a way for me to upload it to iMovie and cut the file in half at a specific point?

Any help would be MUCH appreciated!

2. Khryz thread starter macrumors 6502a

And if iMovie can't split a video that's a wmv file, is there any program that can?

3. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

Get Flip4mac, which will allow quicktime to display wmv files, and then buy quicktime pro, this will allow you to cut it into two separate files. What site for uploading are you trying to use?

4. Khryz thread starter macrumors 6502a

Hey thanks for the reply!

I'm trying to upload the videos onto Facebook. The limits are 300mb (no problem there) but 15 minutes long.

I have two videos, one is 17+ minutes and another is 23+ minutes. Ideally, I'd like to be able to split them are certain points. They're picture slideshows from high school and i'd rather split them when a song/theme stops. There anything that can do that (for free)? Lol.