iMovie '08 and iPhoto problems

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by gman901, Jan 13, 2009.

1. gman901 macrumors 6502a

I know this is just my lack of understanding Mac applications, but how the heck can I add music files to slideshows exported from iPhoto in iMovie? When I import my slideshow movie into imovie, I can't manipulate the file or do anything with it. I am really frustrated and tried looking through the forums and help menu for answers. I know that I could easily do this when I used Windows XP or Vista using the free Moviemaker application... I could just take my photos and add music files to cover the length of the slideshow. I thought the Mac is supposed to make video and photo editing easy, but I guess I am totally missing something. Can anyone explain how I can make this work?:confused:

2. JediMeister macrumors 68040

You can add music to a slideshow while still in iPhoto. The Music button in a slideshow project allows you to add individual songs or playlists of songs. The Settings button will let you pick whether you want to have the music loop for as long as the slideshow plays or fit the slideshow to music. I think but I'm not sure, that you should also be able to take an iPhoto slideshow and put it into Garageband.