iMovie 08 and miniDVD camcorders

glennyboiwpg

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 16, 2007
By reading the title of the thread you probably already know what i'm going to ask...

I heard that iMovie 08 can take video from more sources... can I use it to finally get my movies from my miniDVD camcorder.... (Not to be confused with miniDV)

IF it doesn't... anyone have any ideas on how I can do this?

thegrifman

macrumors regular
Nov 8, 2006
Kennesaw, GA
According to what I saw at apple.com you should be able to as long as your camcorder has a way to connect to your computer like usb or firewire.

glennyboiwpg

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 16, 2007
Omg

WOW WOW WOW....

Thanks for that link!

I can't believe it... it looks like it might actually work!

SOLD!

Multimedia

macrumors 603
Jul 27, 2001
Santa Cruz CA, Silicon Beach
Is It AVCHD DVD or MPEG-2? Yes It Is Supported

Steve only demonstrated AVCHD compatibility not miniDVD. But looks like you're good to go now. With a name like iMovie '08 it's pretty much gotta support any format mass produced to date. Link to product description Apple website iMovie page. iMovie '06 was getting pretty far behind in the new format support area.

According to that page it does:
From Apple.com/ilife/imovie said:
Expanded format support.
iMovie supports standard and high definition video, as well as the most popular formats, including DV, HDV, MPEG-2, MPEG-4 and even AVCHD.
I think yours is MPEG-2 and now supported according to that sentence.

glennyboiwpg

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 16, 2007
Steve only demonstrated AVCHD compatibility not miniDVD. But looks like you're good to go now. With a name like iMovie '08 it's pretty much gotta support any format mass produced to date. Link to product description Apple website iMovie page. iMovie '06 was getting pretty far behind in the new format support area.

According to that page it does:I think yours is MPEG-2 and now supported according to that sentence.

I have the Canon DC10 camcorder... it isn't listed but this is as close as i've gotten to it.....