iMovie '08: Combining Photos & Quicktime?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by IJ Reilly, May 19, 2008.

1. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

I'm trying to combine a group of photos and a Quicktime clip in iMovie, but I can't figure out how this is done. The clip goes in one "bin" and the photos land in another, and I can't drag between the two. Is this obvious and I'm just missing it, or can it really not be done?

2. kkat69 macrumors 68020

kkat69

There is a "Media" icon towards the right of the iMovie screen that brings up iPhoto or Aperture Library to give you access to your photos for your project.

Also if your photos aren't in iPhoto or Aperture you can drag them into your project.

Keyword... PROJECT, they won't be integrated into your 'events' in iMovie, you'll need to create a project then you can add photos. Also, if you have some transparent PNG's you can overlay images onto a movie to add effects like Bubble Chat, etc.

3. IJ Reilly thread starter macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

Hmm. I will have to try this again. I did use the media browser to import the photos from iPhoto. This worked fine, but the Quicktime movie (which was also in iPhoto) didn't show in the media browser, so I had to drag it out of iPhoto then import it into iMovie. Is this where I went wrong?

4. kkat69 macrumors 68020

kkat69

Ahh a better description of the issue comes to light.

Look to your left (the default location) in the events, scroll all the way up and look for "iPhoto Movies" and that's where clips that were imported into iPhoto will show

5. tdhurst macrumors 68040

tdhurst

Hmmm

The latest iMovie sounds terrible. Anyone still using iMovie 6 HD?

6. kkat69 macrumors 68020

kkat69

I use it ONLY for some of the effects. Much rather use iMovie '08. Putting the video clips together is much easier IMO.

Besides this is off topic anyway.