iMovie 08 crashes

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by STIFF, Nov 30, 2008.

1. STIFF macrumors newbie

Hello there. I worked with iMovie to create a b-day movie. When i was creating, iMovie was worked very fine. No crashes. And one day, when i needed to write the film to DVD, iMovie just crashed. And now every time when i opened it, i push some buttons and boom. Crash. What i need to do? I did fresh install, updated it... Nothing works. When it crashes i can see these details:

P.S. How i need to fully delete iLive 08? Maybe that will solve my problem.

2. STIFF thread starter macrumors newbie

3. STIFF thread starter macrumors newbie

4. ebutka macrumors regular

ebutka

Almost every time I use iMovie, it crashed. Get Final Cut Express, MUCH better!!

5. STIFF thread starter macrumors newbie

But there is an project (a movie). I need it to export it to DVD or to .avi. But it crashes. Can my project work on iMovie HD?

6. sickmacdoc macrumors 68020

sickmacdoc

The first thing to try would be to delete the plist file associated with iMovie 7 (as the one in iLife 08 is named).

Make sure you quit iMovie, then go to Users--->your user name--->Library--->Preferences--->com.apple.iMovie7.plist and delete that one file only (keep a copy elsewhere if you wish for comfort, but iMovie will create a new one when you restart it). Restart iMovie and hopefully your problem will have vanished.

That is usually the best way to initially deal with suddenly strange operations of a program as you have described.