iMovie 08- No camera connected

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by nick9191, Nov 9, 2008.

1. nick9191 macrumors 68040

Okay so basically the latest Quicktime version (7.5.5) breaks iMovie's import feature from my iSight. I know my iSight is fine since it works fine before the update, and it continues to work fine in Photo Booth, iChat, and the old version of iMovie.

I know its Quicktime since I did a fresh install of OS X and iMovie was fine, and then just installed Quicktime, and got the error message in iMovie.

I've googled this, and found others had the same issue (which is why I first cottoned on it was Quicktime doing this), and I tried a few tricks on Apples support webpages, nothing works.

2. kwanta macrumors newbie

Same Problem

I've got the same problem (on new MacBook 2008). It worked fine a week ago, then I installed some updates (including quicktime), and today the Error appeared.

3. kwanta macrumors newbie

Works!

It works now. I didn't change a thing and there were no updates.
    I think it propably occured because of some quicktime licence issues, which resolved themselves at a specific date.

4. d_saum macrumors 6502

d_saum

bahhh.... I was hoping for a real answer. I recently migrated over to a new MacBook Pro and my iMovie HD no longer works with the iSight, but the new version of iMovie does... what gives? My old white MacBooks iSight worked with both versions of iMovie so I dont know what the issue is. Any ideas?

5. d_saum macrumors 6502

d_saum

well, in case you're interested, I fixed the iMovie HD iSight issue by reinstalling it. Now it works fine.
    :apple: :D :apple:

6. nick9191 thread starter macrumors 68040

I ended up reinstalling OS X, but not installing the Quicktime update. No issues so far.

If you do need the latest version of quicktime, I have heard that you need to install the latest update of iMovie first then install quicktime. Apples software update does this in the wrong order for some reason. I haven't done this just because the old Quicktime isn't giving me any bother so why update it?