iMovie '08 -- no direct HD support, timeline

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by akadmon, Aug 8, 2007.

1. akadmon macrumors 68010

Just installed iLife '08 only to that iMovie no longer supports direct import HD video. You have to import into iMovie HD '06 first (yeah -- it's still there on your hard drive folks!) and then import the resulting file into iMovie '06 (notice no HD in the name). Also, the timeline view has been removed. What's up with that, Apple?! :mad:

I'll try to return this garbage tomorrow and go back to '06.

2. Royale w/cheese macrumors 6502a

Really, what if you don't have 06 like on the current shipping models? This has to be wrong.

3. 66217 Guest

They would surely need to make a BIG free update for iMovie. It's OK that people want easier to use apps, but come on, iMovie HD wasn't that difficult. A couple of hours and you were up doing great movies.

Apple really messed up things with this update.

4. macbwizard macrumors 6502

macbwizard

5. Royale w/cheese macrumors 6502a

Yea, the download got posted at almost the same time I posted. :D

But that still seems pretty stupid to have to juggle imports like that. Especially if Apple is dropping features to make it more simple.

6. akadmon thread starter macrumors 68010

Folks, this is a real outrage. Between this and the lame "Numbers" spreadsheet (the demo convinced me not to buy iWork) I've lost faith in Apple's ability to produce usable software. I'm definitely going back to the store and letting them have it!

Oh BTW, iMovie '08 just kernel paniced on me while trying to import an iMovie HD project.