iMovie 08 not recognising my camcorder via USB?

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by Alscott, Dec 6, 2008.

1. Alscott macrumors newbie

Hi,

I just got iMovie 08 three days ago for my Canon HF100, and the first time I plugged my camera via USB, it worked fine. I could import the videos. But when I tried it again, no window popped up. I have tried it with the camcorder itself, and via a card reader. When I click on "Import from camcorder" from the file menu, it just brings up the window to import from my built in iSight. I was thinking that maybe I did something different. How do I solve this?

Thanks.

2. Courtaj macrumors 6502a

Courtaj

3. Alscott thread starter macrumors newbie

4. Courtaj macrumors 6502a

Courtaj

5. Alscott thread starter macrumors newbie

I have not recorded anything new since the first time I got it to work.

6. PhotoJoe macrumors newbie

I hear ya!

I'm having the exact same problem. Have you tried to let the camera be connected for a while?
    For me it takes six minutes for the files to be populated in the Log and Transfer window in FCE 4.0.1. And it takes six minutes before iMovie 8 "sees" my HF100. I have recently reinstalled Leopard and FCE 4 and it still won't work, it's six minutes every single time. If I close the L&T window and open it again, it's six minutes waiting time! If I have the L&T window open and I've waited six minutes it sees all AVCHD material there is on all discs I have. If I connect the camera or a SD-card to a USB card reader it sees that instantly, as long I've had the L&T window opened for six minutes.

Really wierd and Apple doesn't know much either! Problem unresolved! :´-(