iMovie 08 Project - Now import to iMovie HD??

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jerry1, Jan 29, 2008.

1. jerry1 macrumors member

So I now have 4hrs of video in iMovie 08 and started some light editing. It's my very first video project of any kind on any application.

I now see that you can not create chapters unless you do some cumbersome Garage Band importing work around. Sorry, but I don't know Garage Band right now either and do not have the time or desire to do so.

I see that iDVD can add chapters but not exactly where you want them. What the heck is that all about? That seems strange. I'm not sure how useful that would be for a real world scenario.

So my questions are these:

1. Can I export projects from 08 to HD? (these are the video clips that have been edited into my final version of video I want)
    2. Can I export events from 08 to HD? (these are the video clips that have not been edited yet that I imported from my camera)

Please help! If I have to invest 4hrs into importing from my camera into iMovie HD and the additional hours of editing all over again, I guess I will... but I would certainly rather not!

Thanks

2. spectre51 macrumors 6502

spectre51

Well you could export the movie from iMovie 08 into its final format then add it to a iMovie HD project and add the chapters then send to iDVD. You can't import the projects or events. Though you can add the individual files that you have captured off your camera into iMovie.

I wish they added something to allow videos to be passed back and forth easier cause the lack of plugins for 08 really stinks.