imovie 08 sharing question

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by kencris, May 6, 2008.

1. kencris macrumors newbie

Hello, I am new in this movies in imovie, but so far I was doing good, I created my project in imovie 08, and it looks great, when I play it full screen the resolution is beautiful, no complains at all. But now I have a BIG problem I need to burn it on a dvd, so for that I need to share it, I have tried all kinds of sharing the file and when I see the video shared the quality is terrible, all blurry and you can not even read the titles properly, what is going on? am I doing something wrong? why does the quality of video comes out different when shared? Can anyone please help me out?

2. digitalnicotine macrumors 65816

digitalnicotine

Did you use iDVD to burn your DVD? If so, you should select "best quality" to get the best results. Here's a bit of tutorial to help you.

3. kencris thread starter macrumors newbie

imove08

Thank you for your help, I did read the tutorial but it all refers to the imovie HD, the one I am using is the one that comes with ilife 08 and is different, I have tried doing it in idvd but when I try to play the idvd (before burning) it looks terrible, I think the problem is with imovie that while sharing it it makes it in lousy quality, although it shows beautiful in imovie before sharing it.
    I have tried importing the project to imovie HD but I get this message:

Error during import:
    The file could not be imported: The file “my file name” can’t be imported; QuickTime couldn’t parse it: -43

now what can I do?