iMovie 08: Stuck at step zero

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by myawn, Mar 22, 2008.

1. myawn macrumors member

myawn

OK, I want to do my first ever attempt at video editing. And I fully expected to get stuck at some point -- but seriously, just lauching the app?

When I start the app, I get the iMove title bar at the top of the screen. But nothing else -- no main window. And if I look at the title bar, all of the options I'd expect to use first -- like File / New Project ... , are grayed out.

Brand new MacBook Pro, so it's not an issue of incompatibility with the non-intel chips.

2. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

If I remember correctly, running iMovie 08 generally brings up the project window. After you've selected what you want to do (new project, open project, etc) it lets you in (like in Garageband). I don't have that anymore because I use iMovie quite a bit.

If you do get suck, once using it, just remember that almost everything in iMovie 08 is done by drag and drop. It'll mostly be a matter of, it's so simple you don't think about it.

3. BenK01 macrumors newbie

Try clicking Window, "zoom." Worked for me after it had same symptoms after importing a project from imovie HD.