iMovie 08 vs Adobe Premier 6.5

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Cabbit, Sep 26, 2007.

1. Cabbit macrumors 68020

Cabbit

iMovie 08 vs Adobe Premier 6.5 how do they compare for editing capabilitys/

2. webgoat macrumors 6502a

webgoat

i'd go with iMovie HD 6 which you can download here http://www.apple.com/support/downloads/imovieHD6.html if you have iLife '08 installed... iMovie '08 is missing a lot of a good things its predecessor had... I don't have any experience with Adobe Premier though

3. Cabbit thread starter macrumors 68020

Cabbit

iMovie HD 6 is irrelevet to this topic, i never liked it compared to 8. I want to know how iMoive 8 compares to Adobe premeir 6.5 as that is what the college uses. All things being equil witch will produce better results.

4. stockcerts macrumors 65816

5. Cabbit thread starter macrumors 68020

Cabbit

ok as i said before iMovie 6 is not part of the descussion. I tryed it and it is not close to iMovie 8 in speed and control. The Question is how will Adobe Premier 6.5 compare.

6. Cromulent macrumors 603

Cromulent

I think comparing Premiere and iMovie '08 is like comparing chalk and cheese. Adobe Premiere is a more expensive video editor and quite frankly if you were looking at getting it to replace iMovie '08 I would say don't bother and get Final Cut Express or Final Cut Studio instead (depending on your budget). Both of which are fantastic video editing packages.

7. Cabbit thread starter macrumors 68020

Cabbit

no its not to replace it, im not planning on buying anything new, well i am getting final cut express for myself neerer christmas but that is not part of the disscution. What i want to know is for making a 30 minute video as professional as possible what is better to use iMove 08(not 06) or Adobe Premiere 6.5(only 6.5).

8. Cromulent macrumors 603

Cromulent

As far as I am aware Premiere 6.5 is not a universal binary so with that in mind I can safely say without a shadow of a doubt it would be iMovie '08. If Premiere 6.5 is a universal binary (I really don't think so, if it is older than a year then it definately is not) then you could try using that although I think you would find iMovie '06 better than Premiere for usability.

9. Cabbit thread starter macrumors 68020

Cabbit

Premiere 6.5 is quite a few years old and is running on the college machines on Windows XP it came out in 2002. As i said iMovie 06 is out of the question. For the end result witch is going to be better iMovie 08 or Premiere 6.5