iMovie '08

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by mrgreen4242, Aug 8, 2007.

1. mrgreen4242 macrumors 601

mrgreen4242

Anyone else really excited by iMovie '08? I'm looking at the product tour on apple.com and I'm getting the feeling this is going to be really, really cool. I've only used iMovie ('06 and 07) a couple times, as I've had limited use for it, but as I'm not an expecting father I started looking at miniDV cams and iMovie a bit more as I have many relatives fairly far away (2 grandparents, 1 parent, 1 aunt who I am close to about 60 miles away, 2 grandparents, 1 parent, and 1 sister about 1500 miles away) who won't be able to see/visit the baby on a weekly or even monthly basis so they want video and lots of it.

The video library and improved "previewing" (skimming) of clips, and the new layout of the time line, etc look like it's going to make it really fast and easy to throw together small videos for sharing with these far flung family members. Just looks like it's the way iMovie should be, as opposed to a sort of dumbed down, less feature laden version of Final Cut which is kind of what it was turning into.

2. shinji macrumors 65816

shinji

The library feature is what mostly interests me- has anyone used it yet?