iMOVIE '08

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by MorzillA, May 15, 2008.

1. MorzillA macrumors 6502

MorzillA

I am trying to do some animation that I created using sticky pads, iPHOTO, and iMOVIE.
    As I try to view my progress I get close ups and the opposite per frame!? Let me explain;

I imported an Image from iPHOTO to use in iMOVIE. Once I hit play, I get a slow close up on the first image, then the camera slowly moves away from the image. I dont want that.

Is there a button that I have missed by plain stupidity that disables this!?

Thanks

:apple:

2. karenflower macrumors 6502a

karenflower

Click on the Media button, and under the Photos tab click 'Show Photo Settings'. Disable 'Ken Burns Effect' and there will be no zooming in/out. You can also choose the zoom settings from there too.

Edit: Just noticed I have iMovie 6, but I assume the process isn't too different? :confused:

3. akm3 macrumors 68020

Yes. The issue is that when you put up a photo in iMovie, it uses your default photo settings.

This uses the Ken Burns effect (which is the slow zooming/panning of photographs), with a default time (I believe it starts at 3 seconds).

In your Project Properties (under File-->Project Properties...Or just press Command-J) you will see "Initial photo placement". Change this to 'crop' *or* 'fit in frame' and then new photos you place won't have Ken Burns turned on by default. You can also set your default photo duration here, if you want it more or less than three seconds.

You can change all these settings, per photo from the Project Pane (I don't know the real name for it)

To change the photo settings, the little icon that is a square with corners on the top left and bottom right, that lets you set the zoom/crop/ken burns/fit to frame settings for THAT photo in your project. With the time, you can double click on the little clock in the lower left hand corner and set the duration of that photo.

This is all much faster and easier then in iMovie '06, but people love iMovie '06 so they will come and tell you to use it. Don't listen to them, iMovie '08 is perfect for what you are doing!