iMovie 09 Assistance Please

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by shufflegirl, Nov 2, 2011.

1. shufflegirl macrumors newbie

If anyone out there can help me retrieve a project that I sent to my ex HD I would be so thankful.
    I was cleaning out to make more room and I sent a bunch of projects over and now I cannot open them in iMovie.

Am I not supposed to do that? Is there a way to get the caches, or imovie thumbnails, or project files back to iMovie and open them?

I am so heartbroken as I worked many hours on those projects.

thank you

2. bmcgonag macrumors 65816

bmcgonag

I move my iMovie projects to external drives quite often and have not had this issue. How is your external drive formatted?

Did you move the project file and movie file? I think there are two files associated with each project...are they both in the same location?

3. Dave Braine macrumors 68040

Dave Braine

How did you send your Projects to your external drive? Did you just drag them over from the iMovie Projects folder in Finder, in that case they won't load.

Or did you export them from iMovie's main window by dragging and dropping on the external HD icon in the Project Library window? If you did that you should have been prompted to copy the associated Events as well. If you didn't, then again the Project won't open, especially if you've deleted said Events from iMovie.