iMovie 09 audio help needed

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by IrishHugo, Sep 29, 2012.

1. IrishHugo macrumors newbie

Hey guys, I am using a HD PVR to record my xbox gameplay and edit it using iMovie 09. Recently I recorded some gameplay and my voice using garageband. I then added the "song" to itunes and have put it on my video in iMovie and synced it up.

The problem is I am deleting the boring bits and keeping the interesting ones, I was planning on deleting the video and then deleting the corresponding audio, but apparently I can't delete parts of "Songs" on iMoive. I can not really do it with garage band as I want to line it up with the video.

Any help would be massively appreciated, thanks.

2. daybreak macrumors 6502a

You need to open iMovie9 "HELP" section and go unto the section of Audio and understand how to trim your audio.
    You could copy and paste your audio track and then trim according to what you want out.

3. IrishHugo thread starter macrumors newbie

I've got the trimming window up but I'm not seeing an option to select certain parts and delete them, only entry and exit points. Any tips?

4. daybreak macrumors 6502a

Open iMovie. Put the clip you want to edit on your timeline. You should see Clip and you should see Audio track underneath clip????
    Can you now click unto audio and trim or cut.

5. IrishHugo thread starter macrumors newbie

No thats the whole thing, I can't just delete bits of the audio like I can with video. I'd love to be able to do this so I can do some livecoms, but I just have the full 23 min thing.

6. daybreak macrumors 6502a

So when you load the video from different format and you put your 23minute material on the timeline you do not see the audio on your timeline??
    Sorry if i'm going around the bush. But i did not use iMovie 9 but i'm using iMovie 11 for fast client work and FCP-X.
    When you bought your material in did it come in as one clip or with timecode.