iMovie '09 doesn't save my projects

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by the Western zoo, Mar 11, 2010.

1. the Western zoo macrumors 6502

the Western zoo

It's pretty much all there in the title...Whenever I create a project in iMovie and quit the app because I'm done for the time being, it does not save the project! Next time I open iMovie the project will be empty and I have to start all over...

I use a lot of short clips from many different videos from different events - could that be the cause??

Any input is very welcome since this is rather frustrating!

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

What files are in Macintosh HD / Users / YOU / Movies / iMovie?

Or do you store everything somewhere else?

Maybe a permission repair via Disk Utility might help.

3. the Western zoo thread starter macrumors 6502

the Western zoo

The input videos are AVI recorded in 720p 24 fps on my Nikon D90, I have imported them into iMovie using the "Large" option (I am using the Danish version, so I am not sure what that option is called in the English version).
    All video is stored on the internal hard drive, the events are stored under *user*/Movies/iMovie events/...; projects are supposed to be stored under *user*/Movies/iMovie projects/...; I have tried repairing permissions (only two things pops up - one file with irregular permission, "usr/share/derby", and one SUID archive) but it did not help the problem.

Edit: Just realized I forgot a "not"...