iMovie '09 Is Suddenly Not Working

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by iMovieIsBSingMe, Apr 17, 2011.

1. iMovieIsBSingMe macrumors newbie

I use it all the time, but it decides to screw up right while I'm finishing up a school project.

Basically, I recorded a 22 minute clip on iMovie '09. It's in as an event, and I try and drag the clip up to the Project area. It gets into the project area, and a cut a bit out. The little piece doesn't cut out, and then that spinny thing pops up.

I tried doing a lot of different things. I checked for software updates, and all it suggested was iMovie '11. I restarted the computer, and now iMovie says I have no Projects. I've SHOULD have at least 100 different Projects in there, but it says there are zero.

Here is a screenshot showing how it looks now. I still have all of the clips in the event section, but I can't cut or drag them. [​IMG]

I need help, because this project is due tomorrow. Please, give me all you've got!

Although I don't want to, I'd be willing to re-record this video if I needed to. Just tell me how to get it so I can actually move things around and work with it again.

Thanks.

2. pigbat macrumors regular

Do the projects show up in your Movies -> iMovie Projects folder?

3. xStep macrumors 68000

On your screen shot, you are in a project. So regarding the missing projects, the obvious question; did you hit the 'Project Library' button to back up to see if you had projects.

Although doubtful, I suppose you could be seeing a permission problem. One thing I'd do is open the Console.app in the Utilities folder and check for errors as you try iMovie actions that are not working.

Unfortunately I've seen iMoive 09 problem descriptions like this is the past and can't recall a fix.

One thing you might try is create a new account on your Mac and copy the recording to that and then start a new iMovie project in that account.