Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

welltea

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 23, 2009
Hello there

I've wanted know how the bug I can get that "Ken Burns"-Effect out of the Photos that I've imported into my iMovie Panel. When I import my photos,
it automatically adds this "KB"-Effect to it. I just want the photos to be still, with no movement at all :mad:

Pleas esomebody help!

Cheers, Welltea.

huntercr

macrumors 65816
Jun 6, 2006
Hello there

I've wanted know how the bug I can get that "Ken Burns"-Effect out of the Photos that I've imported into my iMovie Panel. When I import my photos,
it automatically adds this "KB"-Effect to it. I just want the photos to be still, with no movement at all :mad:

Pleas esomebody help!

Cheers, Welltea.

I don't use iMovie anymore so I'm not sure how this can be done, but try this:

Does iMovie have a "speed" setting for the zoom component of the Ken burns effect? Does it let you define a start and end point for the "moving" part? Just make the start and end points the same ( or very similar ) and make the speed be really slow... This will end up looking like there's nothing going on.

You may want some small Ken Burns usually when you show stills on TV. If you don't it looks really bad.

Good luck

macuser154

macrumors 6502
Jan 17, 2009
UK
I don't use iMovie anymore so I'm not sure how this can be done, but try this:

Does iMovie have a "speed" setting for the zoom component of the Ken burns effect? Does it let you define a start and end point for the "moving" part? Just make the start and end points the same ( or very similar ) and make the speed be really slow... This will end up looking like there's nothing going on.

You may want some small Ken Burns usually when you show stills on TV. If you don't it looks really bad.

Good luck

That method would be painfully time-consuming if the OP is dealing with a lot of photos. Not having the Ken Burns effect on photos is useful in some cases, such as with stop-motion videos.

Other than that I can't help you, as my laptop is dead.

jla930

macrumors member
May 11, 2009
Western PA
To prevent the Ken Burns effect in any photos you will be importing, go to File, Project Properties, click on the Timing tab at the top, then select Fit in Frame in the drop-down selection for Initial Photo Placement.

To turn off the Ken Burns effect for photos already in your project, select (click on) the first photo in the project window, then go to the Window menu and click on Cropping, Ken Burns & Rotation. Click the Fit button in the upper left of the viewer. Now click the next picture, click the Fit button, then the next picture, Fit button, etc. When you're done, click Done in the upper right of the viewer.

welltea

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 23, 2009
hey thanx folks! GREAT! Appreciate your help! p e a c e welltea.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.