iMovie 09... "Move Rejected to Trash" doesn't do anything...

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by JWiss, Jan 14, 2010.

1. JWiss macrumors newbie

Hey guys,

I'm still trying to get my head around editing in iMovie 09... I'm trying to delete some raw footage I have and I figured out how to do it, now the only problem is... it just doesn't do it. When I filter it to show rejected clips only, and then click on the "Move Rejected to Trash" button, it doesn't do anything.

What's the deal, yo?

2. Red Bill macrumors newbie

I've had this problem with clips in iMovie came from iPhoto.
    Move the clips to trash while in iPhoto then empty the trash. Back in iMovie the clips may still be visible, but by exiting iMovie then going back in again they will be gone. (I don't know whether this will have any effect on iMovie file structure. I have not had problems). Remember to copy any clips you want from iPhoto before deleting - if you ever want to see them again. To me, this sounds like an awkward solution. There must be some better way to achieve this deletion.

3. Fronc macrumors newbie

Just happened to me too. I figured out why, though. Apparently I had a part of the clip I was trying to trash in my active project. Once I removed it from the project, i was able to move the rejected portions to the trash again.