Imovie 09 or Imovie HD

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by stockcerts, Mar 16, 2009.

1. stockcerts macrumors 65816

I am making a slide show of pictures that I scanned and digital photos of my daughter for her upcoming 18th birthday. IMovie 09 seems to have very few transitions and only a few themes. Do you think there is more flexibility with IMovie HD?

I'm really surprised with the small amount of themes in the new version of IMovie....very dissapointing.

2. InkMaster macrumors 6502a

Why are you asking us? If its to hear other people say that yes new iMovie sucks etc etc... then well... thats not really gonna help you make that slideshow now will it?

Install the old iMovie, play around with it. Not as if our opinion of it is stopping you from doing so.

3. yojitani macrumors 68000

yojitani

Probably. I haven't used iMovie 09, but even if it's a moderate upgrade of 08, it still can't be very good compared to HD.

Are there still active links to iMovie HD?

4. stockcerts thread starter macrumors 65816

Thanks for your helpful response. :cool:

5. InkMaster macrumors 6502a

Anytime! :D

6. bmcgonag macrumors 65816

bmcgonag

I hated 08, love HD, and am very happy with 09. I think they gave you backa lot of control in 09 that you had in HD, but not 08.

There are plenty of transitions, and some great themes too.

But, since you're making a slideshow of photos, why not use iPhoto 09. It seemed to have some great additions. I haven't yet tried it myself, but just from watching the keynote, it looks to have some great multi-photo capabilities, and some really nice transitions.

7. bigmack209 macrumors newbie

bigmack209

sorry if this is the wrong place to ask (first post), but what's the latest version of iMovie HD? my current is 5.0.2. Probably very old. If there's a new version could you provide a link? thanks. yeah when i tell it to check for updates it just tells me about ilife 09, i click cancel, and back to where we started. =/

as for the actual topic, i've tried imovie 09 and i definately prefer imovie HD. (whatever version my friend has... probably newer than mine)

8. yojitani macrumors 68000

yojitani

I'm not sure if there are any more active links. Find the thread about Apple taking down iMovie HD and you should find a link to it in there somewhere.

9. Jethryn Freyman macrumors 68020

Jethryn Freyman

You could find a torrent of it, though it would be illegal, so don't do it :apple: