iMovie '09 publish movie to MobileMe gallery broken?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by DanielMyst777, Jan 31, 2009.

1. DanielMyst777 macrumors member

Ok so this happened with me when I had iMovie '08 also but I tried looking it up but couldn't find any answers so here goes,

I'm currently running iMovie '09 on my Powerbook G4 and everything is running fine except the export to MobileMe gallery. When ever I create a movie and click the publish to MobileMe, it checks with MobileMe for a second then takes me to a sign-in or try free for 60 days even though I am signed-in in system preferences. Even when I logout and log back in the sys. prefs. it still doesn't recognize that I am logged in to MobileMe.

I'm thinking that when It "checks with MobileMe", it detects I am running on the "non supported" G4 processor and won't let me proceed to upload.

Has anyone else experienced this with iMovie '08/'09 on a G4 or non-supported processor/computer?

2. DanielMyst777 thread starter macrumors member

Here is Screenshot

Here is the crap that it is giving me every time I try to upload a video to MobileMe gallery:

Attached Files:

3. DanielMyst777 thread starter macrumors member

Hello?

So am I the only one having this problem?

4. jaw04005 macrumors 601

jaw04005

This isn't on-demand tech support. :p

You're correct. Your G4 is not powerful enough to transcode to h.264, which is required for MobileMe.

This is why it kicks you out of the export to Mobile Me gallery. On my iMac G4, I get the above. On an Intel Core 2 Duo, I get something similar to this (image by www.ilounge.com):

Attached Files:

5. DanielMyst777 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for Respond!

That's right it takes me to the sign-in window where I'm already signed-in. hey jaw, are you running iMovie on an unsupported processor like a G4?

6. jaw04005 macrumors 601

jaw04005

I just tried it on a G4. See my updated post above.

7. DanielMyst777 thread starter macrumors member

So at this point there isn't any amount of code changing i could do to make uploading to MobileMe work? This is a hardware problem in terms of video encoding?

8. jaw04005 macrumors 601

jaw04005

Yes. Unfortunately, the G4 just isn't fast enough to encode MPEG-4. Similarly, the G3 processor wasn't fast enough to encode MPEG-2, that's why no one ever hacked iDVD to work with Macs with G3 processors.

MPEG-4 (particularly H.264) is even taxing on a new Intel-based Mac including the Mac Pro. It takes some horse power!

It's time to upgrade, if you can afford it.

9. DanielMyst777 thread starter macrumors member

10. tbhatch macrumors newbie

Same problem

I also have a G4 running iMovie 09, and the computer is fast enough to export to every other setting that is offered in iMovie in the highest resolution. The only problem seems to be connecting is with connecting to my MobileMe account not encoding the video. The excuse that a new computer is needed may be a solution but it is not the reason the export doesn't work. If anyone has a real solution I would love to hear it.

11. Beaverfish macrumors regular

You don't need a new Mac

I'm using a brand spanking new 2.4ghz MacBook Pro and I too don't seen to be able to upload my iMovie 09 project to mobile me either. I think maybe this is a bug/ mobile me issue !

12. ywu macrumors newbie

+1 with the problem with the 2010 MacBook Pro 2.4GHz. Currently being investigated by Support.

13. terry's-imac macrumors newbie

unable to publish to mobileme

i to am unable to pubilsh to mobileme from imovie i've been tiring for weeks now with no success :mad: and i'm using a 27" 2010 imac :apple: