iMovie '09 question

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Matt-Man-Plus, Mar 8, 2010.

1. Matt-Man-Plus macrumors regular

I have a project i'm working on from a birthday party. What i'm trying to do is take a 5 second audio clip from a piece of video (a bunch of 3 year olds screaming happy birthday) and use it as audio over a still image to start the video. I detached the audio that I want to use, highlighted it and copied it. I can;t figure out how to use it elsewhere. Maybe it's not possible to do this in iMovie 09? Any help is greatly appreciated.

2. Matt-Man-Plus thread starter macrumors regular

Thank you for the links but i've seen both several times. It doesn't explain how to take audio from one clip and use it elsewhere. If I could save just the audio from this 5 second clip to say iTunes or Garage Band, I would be able to use it as background audio for the still image. Anyone know how to do this?

3. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Ah, I misunderstood that you already have taken the audio from the video as a separate file.

You could use MPEG Streamclip to open the source video (or a short exported version) and select Export Audio and do just that.
    Then get the audio back in as the tutorial shows.

4. Dave Braine macrumors 68040

Dave Braine

This works, in a round about way. After detaching the audio from your chosen clip, just drag it so that it's under the still image at the start of your video. Obviously, your original clip is now silent so import it again or copy and paste(you can do it with a complete clip) before you detach the audio.

Seems strange that you can copy detached video but you can't paste it. :confused: