iMovie '09 Rotation/Cropping Help

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Kirky0331, Jun 27, 2012.

1. Kirky0331, Jun 27, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2012

Kirky0331 macrumors newbie

Yesterday I took some videos on my 4th Generation iPod Touch. I've successfully put them on iMovie and I'm currently editing them. I filmed all of the video by holding the iPod vertical, not horizontal. When the video plays, it's all stretched out. My friend, who is extremely skinny, looks like a whale because of this. I've played around with the resolutions and they do nothing. It's on Standard, which makes it look the thinnest, but it still is morbidly obese. How do I make the video look like photos that I've taken vertically on my iPod. They have the black surrounding them. Please help, as I have to upload them to Facebook by Friday.

2. utahman130 macrumors 6502a

utahman130

3. Kirky0331 thread starter macrumors newbie

4. utahman130 macrumors 6502a

utahman130

I think if you imported all of the videos in iMovie, put them together the way you wanted, and then went up to File>Share and Exported it for iPhone, wouldn't it play portrait?

5. Kirky0331 thread starter macrumors newbie

Possibly, but I really want to preview it before I upload it. I'll try this and see if it works. Thank you.

6. kwren macrumors newbie

kwren

want to create imovie that can play on laptop/projector

I have the exact same problem as the original person does. Many of my portrait-oriented videos can be played in a landscape orientation, so if I can rotate them, that solves the problem (kind of, for now). But iPhoto won't let me rotate a video, and the distortion that happens when I import the videos into iMovie is just awful.
    Any ideas?
    thanks