iMovie '09 Special Effects Help

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Shu15, Jul 12, 2009.

1. Shu15 macrumors regular

I'm having problems when I want to add a special effect(such as a lightning bolt as in iMovie HD 6). Are there any ways to get a lot of good special effects to use in iMovie '09 or other apps that can help me with this?

Thanks for all the help!:apple:

2. akm3 macrumors 68020

Not yet, sorry.

3. EMKarelia macrumors regular

EMKarelia

iMovie is not the best software i've seen. If you are looking to be making professional videos I would switch to Final Cut Pro.

4. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

find a copy of ilife 06 on ebay.... I'm not a fan at all of the new imovie i much prefer the old one. Even Final cut express won't let you add the lightening bolt, i think motion has it as one as an element but comes bundled as final cut studio which is 1200. which i don't think you want to spend.

5. Shu15 thread starter macrumors regular

Ok, yeah I was thinking about just getting FCE4. Will it let me do some good special effects and such? I'm looking for a more full feature program that doesn't break the bank, is FCE4 it?

6. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

it will give you more transitions and allow for multiple video layers as well as some other high end features that are found in Final Cut Pro. it comes down to what effects you want to do.
    http://www.apple.com/finalcutexpress/