iMovie 09 Titles Problem

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Mac In School, Mar 11, 2010.

1. Mac In School macrumors 65816

My iMovie title preview pane now shows a gray background, rather than the standard black one (see attached screencap).

When I add a title to a project, the background around the text is black, rather than transparent.

Anybody know of a fix for this?

Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. lozcast macrumors newbie

Any solution?

Hey,

Any solution to this problem found anywhere?

I'd really appreciate the help!

Laurence

3. Mac In School thread starter macrumors 65816

I never did find a solution. It even followed me to a new machine via a Time Machine backup.

iLife 11 solved it, though.

4. powerk21 macrumors newbie

This is exactly what happened to my iMovie '10 yesterday. I tried several ways to solve it but I couldn't. I also updated to iMovie '11 but still remains and it doesn't only affect to my new videos, but also to my old ones projects so that's why I think it's some kind of problem with something else I've installed like FxFactory because that's the only thing related I installed yesterday.
    I tried uninstalling FxFactory but didn't solve the problem and I don't want to uninstall iMovie '11 because I'm afraid of losing all my previous work.

Please any help will be much appreciated or any direction to what to search for as the only places I could find info about this problem was here in this topic and another one on another forum from this same OP