iMovie 09 to iDVD 09 won't work

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by theposse, Dec 3, 2009.

1. theposse macrumors regular

Hi everyone i have recently got iLife 09 and was really excited to see what movies i could make as i have been using iMovie HD to iDVD 07 for some time with no problems.
    I recently made a project with imovie 09 with no problems and sent it to iDVD no problems but then i went to burn it something goes wrong which never happened with iDVD 07(There was an error during muxing preparation (project conversion)" error).
    I don't know what this means and i have tried 15 times now and it stillll comes back.
    I'm using an imac G5 intel duocore,320 GB,4GB ram.I have loads of free space on my hard drive so it can't be that.
    Any help would be greatly greatly appreciated.
    Your Sincerely Scott

2. FSMBP macrumors 68020

FSMBP

Are you sending the project directly to iDVD from iMovie? If so, maybe true exporting the project in iMovie just as file. Then import that file into iDVD and trying burning it.

I'm not to familiar with the newest iMovie but maybe there may be a linking issue on your Mac between the two apps.

If all else fails, try creating another account on your Mac (like a Guest Account), and bring the iMovie project onto it, and try sending it over to iDVD. This may work if your user account has corrupted preference files.

3. Flynnstone macrumors 65816

Flynnstone

I've had a problem too.
    I thought it was Snow Leopard conflict with iMovie & iDVD.

4. theposse thread starter macrumors regular

Solution to iDVD(There was an error during muxing preparation (project conversion)"

Eurekaaaaa.
    I Know as i have looked that loads of iMovie and iDVD users are having this problem heres whyyyyy.
    Go into iDVD preferences and click on project.
    Select "High Quality" form the pop up menu and you'll never have another error showing up.
    Its normally set to "Best Performance" which is ok for AVI files but not DV files.
    All the best and happy christmas,
    Scottie

5. faffie macrumors newbie

Muxing Error

Bless you, Scottie. I could have saved the $300 for the useless support plan I've paid for each Mac I've bought in the last four years. Any solutions I've gotten have been through the various Mac forums on the net. I would never have thought to change the setting to high performance to get my dv-based IMovie to process through IDVD. Thanks for sharing your knowledge.:D

6. DavidFreeRose macrumors newbie

DavidFreeRose

Also check iDVD prefs for PAL/NTSC

Even thought I bought my iMac in AUstralia, iDVD was set to NTSC.