Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kadman

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 22, 2007
I have a new toy (MBP i7 15" Hi-Res Matte) and it came with Snow Leopard installed. I'm coming from a Mac Mini with Tiger installed. Upon opening iMovie I was thrown for a loop by the way editing is done. It's completely different. I'm guessing some are saying "welcome to a few versions ago" but I'm looking at little bubbles for clips across multiple lines with colored backgrounds to indicate audio clips. I'm used to seeing video & audio clips stacked on top of each other at the bottom of the display and moving around with the playhead to make adjustments, fade audio in & out, etc. but none of this seems obvious with the new tools. Is there anyway to change the presentation of iMovie '09 so that I can edit in the old manner?

spinnerlys

Sep 7, 2008
forlod bygningen
Nope. No way to change to a more easier way to edit.

If you still have your old iMovie, you can use that. Just copy it from your old Mac or use the iLife DVD if you still have it.

Kadman

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 22, 2007
Thanks for the tip. I have the old Mini and I also have the Tiger DVD that came with it. I assume I can install it from the media as well? If I do are there any implications of having both iMovie versions on the new MBP? I'll learn the new version but I have a project I need to get out and don't have the time nor patience to learn the new version this weekend. I fear that ultimately I'm gonna want to look at something like Final Cut. Man, I wish they would have left the format the way it was (i.e. like most every other video editing software out there!)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.