IMovie 09

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by stockcerts, Jan 28, 2009.

1. stockcerts macrumors 65816

Jun 29, 2007
    San Francisco, CA
    I just received it today and I'm working on my first project. It's a summer cruise with my daughter. I'm still getting my feet wet, but so far I like it. I'm using the film clip theme which is very nice, but there is one frustrating thing about the theme. If you want to make an adjustment to a transition on a single picture or clip, it turns off auto transitions for the entire project. Also, I like the piece of tape that acts as a picture label, but I don't think you can add more of this style label and not turn off the auto transitions.

Anyone played around with this yet?
  2. itsliz89 macrumors member

Sep 9, 2008
    Imovie 09 really confuses me and there are some things I find annoying like what you've pointed out.

I think I kind of like... gasp I movie 08 better just because it was so much easier to use.
  3. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

Feb 4, 2008
    I agree about the auto-off thing, but it's definitely an improvement. I haven't been able to work with either much because I don't shoot as much video as I wish I could. But when I want to do something, it's usually fairly easy. I just hope the Share to iDVD process gets a bit better. iDVD can be a pain to use when you just want a damn screen with scene options and not 15 clips flowing along in pictures.