iMovie 10.0.3

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by verithingeoff, Jun 2, 2014.

1. verithingeoff macrumors member

verithingeoff

Guys
    Since using, successfully, iMovies about 10 days ago, the only change to my Mac has been an update to itunes. Tried to upload a video to iMovie today and as soon as it's loaded I get the spinning wheel of death. The programme is not responding. I deleted the programme in finder [chucked it into the trash] and reloaded the app. Still the same. My Mac is running 10.9.3

Any ideas?

2. firedept macrumors 603

firedept

Just some quick questions. Where are you trying to upload the video from? Camera, external drive, Finder? What type of file? And are you sure the video is actually done uploading while you are still getting the spinning wheel. You wouldn't happen to see what I posted below while you are seeing the spinning wheel. My questions are only to help me or other members try to find a solution for you.

Attached Files:

3. verithingeoff thread starter macrumors member

verithingeoff

I've been using iMovie for a couple of years and haven't had this problem before. The vids are on a Sony video camera which is plugged directly into the mac. The clips are a max of 2 minutes and are called AVCHD. I stress that this format has worked for me many times, I have about 70 videos on Youtube. The upload indicator starts and finishes. The videos appear to have uploaded, but unlike before the images are not shown
    Here's a pic

Attached Files:

4. FindYourLane007 macrumors newbie

iMovie update

I am having trouble updating to the imovie 10 version from my Mac Air. I cant update through App Store when I open imovie 9.0.9. version to check for updates it says there aren't any newer version. How would I resolve this? Please help:apple:

5. Dave Braine macrumors 68040

Dave Braine

You can't update from v9 to v10. v10 comes with Mavericks, or you have to buy it after installing Mavericks, I can't remember which.

6. FindYourLane007 macrumors newbie

Thanks Dude!!