iMovie 10.0 Mavericks an upgrade too far?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by siwilko, Oct 29, 2013.

1. siwilko macrumors newbie

This version really cant share with iDVD?
    The interface is so different and confussing.
    People still create DVDs dont they? or am I behind the times.

:confused:

2. BornAgainMac macrumors 603

BornAgainMac

Can't you drag video clips or Quicktime movies to it?

3. siwilko thread starter macrumors newbie

Copy quick time to IDVD? iMovie use to be good for creating DVDs with Chapter Markers and the like.
    This version looks like it is geared up for online movies or movie files and not DVDs. May DVD are becoming yesterdays technology. I'll have to tell my customers that? :mad:

4. Dazd macrumors member

This is something I didn't like when FCP X was released and they dropped DVD Studio. When I went on a FCP X certified course the guy doing it (who's a pro video editor) said he is asked to produce a DVD very very rarely now and virtually everything he does is for online productions. I know that's probably the way things are heading but way too many people still use DVDs and the way there's less and less support for it is a complete pain! I work in a school and have to produce our Prom DVD each year and now I have no good authoring software I just can't do a good job :-(

5. Montymitch macrumors regular

Montymitch

How many Macs in the current lineup have a built in optical drive? The DVD is dead.

I recommend simply using the old version of iMovie, it's still in your application folder. The new version didn't add enough functionality to warrant changing over anyway.