Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mrdctaylor

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 14, 2009
Ok, so I just upgraded to 10.1. Here are some issues. I hope I'm just missing something.

1) I can't adjust the width of the LIBRARIES frame. I can hover over the line and it looks like it should adjust (i.e. the cursor changes) but I cannot change the width. Weird.

2) I don't seem to be able to adjust the locations of the difference frames like I could in the prior version. I used to like having the playback window on top and the window with the frames/video on the bottom. Now everything appears to go left-to-right. Am I missing something? It seems weird that Apple would remove this flexibility.

Marli

macrumors 6502
Apr 9, 2011
I couldn't adjust the frame in the last version either from memory.

I would like to know the following.

How do you export at 60fps, where is this setting.

If you have mixed frame rates on the timeline what does it export as, since I can't find a setting.

Where is any information on how to set up 60fps output

mrdctaylor

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 14, 2009

Hmmm. I thought I could. I know it was definitely wider because I could actually read titles. Now all I can see is something like "10-1-2015 Wh...ll". :-(

mrdctaylor

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 14, 2009
I actually just tried it on a Mac at work at I *can* adjust the width of the left-hand frame! I just can't do it on my Mac at home. Very strange. :-(

mrdctaylor

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 14, 2009
Actually, I LIED. I can only adjust the width of the left-most (Libraries) frame when I am editing a project. When I go back to "Media" I cannot adjust the width. Like I said, I get the cursor change like it wants to let me change the width, but it won't actually let me change it.

CPx

macrumors 6502a
Sep 6, 2013

I would like to know the following.

How do you export at 60fps, where is this setting.

If you have mixed frame rates on the timeline what does it export as, since I can't find a setting.

Where is any information on how to set up 60fps output
There's no explicit setting, as far as I know. The frame rate of the first clip you drop into the timeline is what determines the frame rate of the entire movie. That is to say, when you have an empty timeline and you add the first clip, that clip's frame rate becomes the frame rate of the entire movie (even if you delete or reorder that first clip).

So if you want a 60fps movie, make sure the very first clip you add to your empty timeline is a 60fps clip. After that you can add clips of whatever fps you want, and iMovie will convert them to 60fps.

That's my understanding anyway.

Marli

macrumors 6502
Apr 9, 2011
There's no explicit setting, as far as I know. The frame rate of the first clip you drop into the timeline is what determines the frame rate of the entire movie. That is to say, when you have an empty timeline and you add the first clip, that clip's frame rate becomes the frame rate of the entire movie (even if you delete or reorder that first clip).

So if you want a 60fps movie, make sure the very first clip you add to your empty timeline is a 60fps clip. After that you can add clips of whatever fps you want, and iMovie will convert them to 60fps.

That's my understanding anyway.

Marli

macrumors 6502
Apr 9, 2011
MM OK, they have followed the same stupid way they do it on the iPad. Its the worst thing about Apple. they assume every one is stupid and try and fully Automate everything. That and the File Finder. That is the most backward app I have ever come across. Its about up to the late 80s with functionality.

Reactions: CPx
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.