iMovie '11 cache/HDD space

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by skolvikes, Mar 20, 2011.

1. skolvikes macrumors newbie

Hey guys, I have had something arise and was wondering if anyone here knew about it.

I was optimizing a video to do a Fast Forward effect, and the process took about 10GB of space for a 30 minute HD clip. Now I am using an 11" MB Air with a 128 SSD, so space is crucial. I started with 25.87 GB free before I began the conversion, afterwards it was just over 15 GB.

Now, the issue is this: when I deleted the project, my available HDD space didnt return to normal; it ended up being just a little over 20 GB. I checked the Cache folders, the App support folders, the iMovie projects folders, everything I can think of, and I can't find anything else to delete and now I am stuck wondering where in the hell that 5 GB is being used at?

Does anyone have any ideas or anything that I can look into to figure this thing out? I didn't even start the export/fast forward effect, I just deleted the project right away. Can't find any files on my computer though.

Zach

2. buzmuzguz macrumors newbie

Hi there,

Have you had any luck on this? As I'm having the same issue, when I delete projects and events from iMovie and empty the trash I hardly get any hard disk space reclaimed. If I import a 10gb project I'll only get a few gb back. Let me know if you sorted it and if so how?

Cheers

3. littleb2005 macrumors member