iMovie '11 - Empty Project Library

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Agent27, Apr 18, 2011.

1. Agent27 macrumors newbie

When opening iMovie '11, it loads the Event Library, but shows 0 projects in the Project Library, even though I have created several Projects. I cannot open any existing iMovie projects from their folders (using right-click Open With...) and I cannot even begin a new project. I can see the events in my Events Library and even import new movies, but I cannot play them in the viewer. I cannot drag any of the events to the Project Library either.

I haven't moved any of the files or their folders, nor have I renamed any of the files or folders. All the project and event files are in their default locations that were created by iMovie. I uninstalled and reinstalled iMovie but it made no difference? Everything was working fine until I had to restart my iMac after recent automatic updates were applied.

I'm stuck. :confused:

2. Dave Braine macrumors 68040

Dave Braine

Go back with Time Machine to before the updates? Trash iMovie's plist. Try a different account and see if the problem's still there.

3. Agent27 thread starter macrumors newbie

Apple released an iMovie update which resolved the issue with the Project Library files. My most recent event files and project may have been corrupted, but all previous events and projects remain in tact.

However, I now experience a problem with the viewer. I am able to view events and add events to a new project, but then I am unable to view those clips in the viewer. Audio is there, but there is only video when viewed in full screen.