iMovie '11 question

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by foulmouthedleon, May 5, 2011.

1. foulmouthedleon macrumors regular

foulmouthedleon

Ok, ever since I’ve had a Mac I kept telling myself “Ok, I want to dig into iMovie and see what it can do.” Well I usually last about five minutes and then quit and so something else.

Well I’m sick of that.

I want to do something really basic and I’m sure it’s totally easy to do, but I don’t know where to start.

Essentially I have a dozen or so images that I created in Photoshop, I want to have them show up (one by one) and fade out with the next one taking its place. I also want to have an .mp3 play in the background as this happens. I’d also like to export it as a .flv.

Is there a tutorial somewhere out there that will walk me through this (visually)? Because I tried it yesterday and just sat there with a blank look on my face.

Thanks in advance!

2. talmy macrumors 601

talmy

For just stills you might as well use iPhoto. It would be easier.

3. foulmouthedleon thread starter macrumors regular

foulmouthedleon

I've no problem with that as I'm a lot more familiar with iPhoto than iMovie. But could I still incorporate the music in the background or would I need iMovie for that?

4. talmy macrumors 601

talmy

You can incorporate music in an iPhoto slideshow, but you will be limited to a single track. If you want to get fancy, you can edit the generated video's sound track in Garageband.