iMovie '11 supports 60fps... can slow to 30fps

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by GTDaveMac, Nov 5, 2010.

1. GTDaveMac macrumors regular

Well... kind of. I noticed that it still treats clips taken in 60fps as 30fps clips, but when using the slow motion feature, it uses the extra frames during the conversion process. So, you don't have to use other software to accomplish the same thing.

I slowed two clips, one shot in 30fps and one in 60fps, and the 60fps video kept all of the frames. There is a bug, though, that the 60fps videos don't get a "60" badge unless the project is in 24fps... which means it still treats the clips as 30fps until the "conversion" process for slo-mo. I've submitted a bug report so that at least the badges show properly, so that you know what videos are shot in 60fps.

I've read a lot about people using Sony Vegas or JES Deinterlacer to accomplish the same thing, so I thought I would point this out. Especially since the Canon T2i shoots 60fps HD.

2. mattpred macrumors newbie

Thank you

Thanks so much for that information! It was exactly what i was looking for, considering i have a T2i (550D where i'm from), and was wondering whether it would be worth upgrading '09 to '11. :D
    Definitely is, because slow-mo video is exactly what i've been trying to get and JES Deinterlacer really degrades the quality.