iMovie '11 wont recognize Sony HDR-CX370

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by seong, Jun 4, 2011.

1. seong macrumors 65816

seong

I've tried everything that I know of, and even searched Apple's official forum discussion, and it just wont work.
    I was given a paid job to film a couple of band playing, a group of students, and make a dvd out of it. Since they told me that they had their own Sony HDR cameras, it seemed like an easy job.
    The problem came up when one of the three cameras can't be recognized by iMovie '11. Sony HDR-PJ40 was recognized, but for some reason, Sony HDR-CX370 wasn't recognized by iMovie. What I tried was, take out the AVCHD file from the mounted disk, and played it using VLC. It works fine.

Do you guys know how to fix this problem?
    Thanks in advance.

2. Steamrunner macrumors member

Is it that the camera isn't recognised by iMovie, or the files aren't recognised?

First, check you've followed the instructions here http://esupport.sony.com/LA/perl/support-info.pl?&info_id=734&mdl=HDRCX370 to connect it- it could be that the wrong media has been selected.

If that's all ok, then try copying all the files off the mounted disk (like you've already done to test in VLC) and importing them to iMovie manually.