iMovie 6 and 7 questions

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by 204467, Mar 18, 2009.

1. 204467 macrumors 6502a

I have to make a video for my robotics team on the off chance that we win the Chairman's award on Saturday at the Philadelphia regional this Saturday (go team 423!). I was just going to do a simple Ken Burns style short movie with some pictures my team took and I am more comfortable using iMovie 6 since that's what I just started learning how to use on the computers in my digital media class. I don't work with film a lot, but I find iMovie 6 a lot easier to use than the brief experiences I've had with version 7. I tried to download version 6 from Apple's website, since I know they used to offer that as a free download if you had version 7, but I can't seem to do it right. Whenever I try to install it, my computer claims that I can't since it's trying to install version 6.0.2 and I need version 6.0 originally. Does Apple even offer iMovie 6 as a free download anymore, or did they stop doing that when the newest version came out? I'd like to do this video in version 6, please help.

2. SHADO macrumors 6502a

SHADO

3. 204467 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks for the luck, but I tried that already. It said that I couldn't install the update since I don't have iMovie 6 in my Applications folder. But never mind; I just read an old article on this website saying that Apple stopped offering the update when the newest version of iMovie came out (dicks...). Oh well, I'll just figure out how to use this version with this movie and get an old install CD from someone (or something).