imovie 6 question

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Chris 123, May 1, 2009.

1. Chris 123 macrumors regular

Chris 123

I just put imovie 6 hd on my computer because i hate imovie 08. I've used it for about a week and noticed that when importing any videos it takes forever on my blackbook. A twenty minute mp4 will take about two hours to import, which would be about five min. in imovie 08. I haven't tried any other files b/c i only have mp4's on my computer but would it help to convert them to a different format? Is it suppose to take this long? Thanks

2. FourCandles macrumors 6502a

You can try this hack - please try on a non-critical file first to make sure you're comfortable.

Open iMovie and create your project file, then quit iMovie.

In Finder, go to the newly created project file, right/control click and choose "Show Package Contents". There will a folder within called "Media".

Drag your clips into this folder whilst holding the Option key to ensure they're copied, not moved. Then close the package window in Finder.

Next, start iMovie and your project will open, with a warning that iMovie has found stray files, and asking if you want to view the Trash (iMovie has it's own Trash). Do so, and simply drag these clips back to the clip Window.

3. Chris 123 thread starter macrumors regular

Chris 123