iMovie 9.0.9 old folder??

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Solomani, Apr 8, 2015.

1. Solomani macrumors 68030

Solomani

I see that when I upgraded to Mavericks last year, I got the recent 'iMovie' app.

And then after the update OSX left a folder called iMovie 9.0.9 in my hard drive. So I take it this is the older legacy version of iMovie. Since I had never used that version, could I just safely delete the folder and Trash it? The iMovie 9.0.9 does not appear in my Launchpad, only the newer 'iMovie' appears there.

I'm afraid that if I (finally) upgrade to Yosemite 10.10.3, it will install the brand new Photo app, but leave like 3 legacy versions of iPhoto cluttering the HD. :p

2. Taz Mangus macrumors 68040

Taz Mangus

You can delete the old version of iMovie. When you install Yosemite, iPhoto will not be deleted.

3. Solomani thread starter macrumors 68030

Solomani

(Thanks for answer about old iMovie)

I'm still on Mavericks (and waited this long for a "mature" version of Yosemite) and now am ready to upgrade to Yosemite. Umm, so if Yosemite leaves the iPhoto app on my HD…. why would I not want to delete that too? Doesn't the new Photo app do everything that iPhoto did, essentially replacing iPhoto?

I really hate having "two of the same apps" residing on my HD. sigh I suppose I could do a Clean Install with Yosemite, but that's a whole lotta work.

4. Taz Mangus macrumors 68040

Taz Mangus

I have not used the new photo app yet. There are some people that are still using iPhoto, like myself, so I am glad iPhoto was not deleted. This is the transition period for people to switch to the new photo app. There are a lot of people that are not aware that there is a new photo app.

5. Dave Braine macrumors 68040

Dave Braine

I'd keep the old iMovie if I were you(I have). It has some features that the new one doesn't have, and doesn't take up a lot of space.