iMovie and FileFront

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by JoshLV, Jul 11, 2009.

1. JoshLV macrumors regular

I am trying to edit some gameplay clips of Halo 3 that are on FileFront using iMovie. I downloaded them, but it wont let me open them with iMovie. Any thoughts on how I can start to edit these clips?

2. SHADO macrumors 6502a

SHADO

Well it sounds like you need to change the file extension, as they will not open in iMovie.

3. JoshLV thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks. Sorry for my ignorance but how do I do this and what do I change it to? Sorry I'm new.:confused:

4. SHADO macrumors 6502a

SHADO

There are plenty of video converter apps for OSX out there. Personally I use VisualHub, but I don't think it's been updated in a while but you could try to find a download for it. It allows you to simply drag and drop the video file into the window and choose the output format, which you should probably set as .avi as that's an easy format to edit and works in iMovie.

5. JoshLV thread starter macrumors regular

6. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

7. JoshLV thread starter macrumors regular

Ok I used UnRar so now I can at least watch the clips. I'm not sure what you mean on the second part. I went to an individual clip and manually changed it to .MOV and it changed successfully but I still can't open it in iMovie.

8. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

Download MPEG StreamClip from www.squared5.com, open the video clip with it, and Export to MOV.

9. JoshLV thread starter macrumors regular