iMovie and iphoto video clips

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by louiek, Aug 18, 2008.

1. louiek macrumors 6502

I've just transferred my iPhoto library onto my new MBP and I'm trying to get iMovie going. I can see my iPhoto pictures fine and I've finally gotten to the point where it displays "iPhoto videos" in the events list, but I have two problems.

1. The dates are screwed. Most of the clips appear with Friday 1 January 2004 at the far right hand side.

2. When I'm skimming through videos clips, the clip I'm on doesn't always correspond to the one playing on the preview pane. In fact it hardly ever does.

I'm using 7.1.4 which I think is the latest. I've tried taking out the relevent plists but it keeps happening.

2. macdot macrumors 6502

Is iPhoto known for handling videos well? I've never used anything but iTunes for videos.

3. louiek thread starter macrumors 6502

It's always worked in version 5. I'd just import my photos and videos from my camera into iphoto. They'd all appear in imovie (with the correct date) and I could string photos and videos together into a movie.

4. louiek thread starter macrumors 6502

I thought it might have been because I reorganised my iphoto events so I deleted my iphoto library and re-imported it. iMovie started up and created new thumbnails, good so far. BUT, apart from about 20 video clips, the preview window plays the wrong clip. When I reveal the clip in Finder it's the correct clip, when I add the clip to a project it's the correct clip, even the audio when I preview it is from the correct clip. HTH can it get the audio right but the video wrong. I'm going to have to try adding my movies to iphoto a dozen at a time and seeing if iMovie can handle that.