imovie and iphotos

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by canadadude, Dec 18, 2010.

1. canadadude macrumors member

Help! I want to use iphotos to make a video trailer in imovie...when i click the camera icon, it will not let me. They are not lit up/highlighted when i am in my project. anyone know why?:confused:

2. simsaladimbamba

Does that mean, you have videos shot with your camera (a photo camera) and stored them inside iPhoto and in iMovie you can't access them via the media browser?
    [​IMG]

3. canadadude thread starter macrumors member

yes, exactly. My movies are in imovie but i want to put some still photos in to the imovie trailer. the icon won't let me click on it (the camera icon)

4. canadadude thread starter macrumors member

can you "not' put still pictures in "movie trailers" - not sure?? Thanks so much for trying to help me!

5. simsaladimbamba

I don't know what you mean with camera icon, but I could add photos to my iMovie project (and I never use iPhoto and iMovie as I find them frustrating).
    In iMovie, go to Window >> Photos (CMD+2) and drag the photos from whatever event onto the timeline and then change what you want.

6. stevewells macrumors newbie

Same Problem

I am having the same issue. None of the icons on my browser bar of iMovie are selectable! Including the camera. I am trying to put some still shots from iPhoto into a Trailer I am making on iMovie but I cannot select the Flipping Camera icon! It has been driving me crazy for hours!

7. Dave Braine macrumors 68040

Dave Braine

Having just tried a Trailer, it would seem that all you can add are clips from the Events Library. All the icons for Music, Photos, Titles, Transitions and Maps are greyed out.