imovie and photos

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by furcalchick, Jul 5, 2007.

1. furcalchick macrumors 68020

furcalchick

i'm trying to compile a movie using just stock photos from random places (but it all has a purpose though, i'm timing it with an audio clip, similar to the cowherd ones on youtube, just look up colin cowherd), but for some reason, every time i import, it just gives me a 5 second timer with the ken burns effect (i don't want the burns effect, i just want to set my own time for the photo, as i will be inserting some several times). any way to work this out?

2. adrianblaine macrumors 65816

adrianblaine

Is this in iMovie or iPhoto? You can make a slideshow in either. In iMovie, there is a button under the photos that says "Show Photo Settings".

In iPhoto, when making slide show, click on "adjust" to change slide display time and uncheck ken burns effect.

3. furcalchick thread starter macrumors 68020

furcalchick

making slideshow in imovie, it won't let me edit anything in the photo at all when i try. plus, these photos aren't in the iphoto library for obvious reasons.

4. adrianblaine macrumors 65816

adrianblaine

This is probably why it is not giving you the option. If they are in your iPhoto library, I do know that it gives you tons of options like how long and where the picture is cropped.