iMovie app is there one like it for android?

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by callawayno1, May 19, 2014.

1. callawayno1 macrumors member

Is there a app like the imovie app for iphone to android phones , if it exists whats the name of it ??

2. Nickp3rry, May 20, 2014
    Last edited: May 20, 2014

Nickp3rry macrumors newbie

If you're looking for a good Video editing app on Android you should try Kinemaster.

It doesn't support every device so check before downloading but with only a small learning curve this is one simple and powerful video editor.

This is the link to the paid version but there is a free version on the play store as well

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nexstreaming.app.kinemaster

Edit

Just realised that they have got rid of the pro version and seemed to have introduced an annoying subscription type set - up. Back to the drawing board lol.

If there are any other subscription free video editors out there are any good I'd also be happy to know.

3. slu, May 21, 2014
    Last edited: May 21, 2014

slu macrumors 68000

slu

I have been using the features in Google+ for video editing and it has worked well for me. Especially if you already upload all of your pics and videos to Google+ backup. Makes it really easy to edit video or pics on multiple devices.

4. TG1 macrumors 6502a

TG1

Agreed. Google+ is great for free cloud storage of your photos and videos and some really cool movie making with Auto Awesome.

5. slu macrumors 68000

slu

Exactly. In fact, I liked the Auto Awesome stuff so much I searched for "How to make and Auto Awesome movie manually" and was able to find the video editing features in Google+. And now that I have some experience with Auto Awesome, I know how to take video and photos so Auto Awesome makes home movies for me. I don't really need to edit much at all anymore. Google+ takes care of it all for me. It is a really underrated feature in my opinion.