iMovie App to DVD? (probably dumb question)

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by MicroByte, Sep 7, 2010.

1. MicroByte macrumors 6502

My iPod Touch 4G is coming in this week and I was planning on getting iMovie for video editing on the go. Is there any way to edit a movie and the somehow export or save it so that it can be burned as a DVD?

I'm on a Windows PC so do not have the option of a Mac for iMovie so was hoping the App version could do something similar. If this is not the case, is there a PC based program that you recommend (that's similar to iMovie)?

I've never really used anything for digital video to DVD before, so there might be a better way to do this. I really want to use my iPod touch to take video and burn them to a DVD since I will always have the device with me.

Thanks in advance!

2. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

It's certainly possible. iMovie saves the final video back to your camera roll. You plug your iPhone into your computer and copy the video over.

At that point my knowledge of Windows ends. Someone else will have to tell which software to use, but I do know it'll be possible. I'm sure there's something for Windows that can convert H.264 files to DVD.