Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MonkeySee....

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Sep 24, 2010
UK
Hi Guys,

I'm trying to make a 5 Minute Movie for my Wife for Christmas of our 2 boys.

It has the default track "Playful" playing over it but its only 59 sec long so have to repeat it.

What I am trying to do is make that track last the full 5 mins but stretch the middle out so it seamlessly blends as one long track.

If anyone knows the track or can help I need the "bell" sounding bit in the middle to fill the track.

If anyone can do this for me i'd be greatly appreciated. I'm not clever enough unfortunately.

Cheers

Monkey

darthmaynard

macrumors newbie
Sep 15, 2008
CT
I've used iMovie for years in their different versions to make demo videos of my music. It sounds like you're trying to use one of Apple's defaults. They're severely limiting. My suggestion would be to buy the tune you hope to manipulate and edit in Garageband. The places you want to stretch out can have sections carefully edited to loop for longer durations.

My procedure from there would be to share to iTunes, go back to iMovie and add the tune from the iTunes section (seen with Transitions, Titles etc.)

MonkeySee....

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Sep 24, 2010
UK
I've used iMovie for years in their different versions to make demo videos of my music. It sounds like you're trying to use one of Apple's defaults. They're severely limiting. My suggestion would be to buy the tune you hope to manipulate and edit in Garageband. The places you want to stretch out can have sections carefully edited to loop for longer durations.

My procedure from there would be to share to iTunes, go back to iMovie and add the tune from the iTunes section (seen with Transitions, Titles etc.)

Thanks for the advice. Unfortunately its not a song as such, just a melody which I don't think I can buy. I know I can cut the middle out and then repeat that but Its a bit fiddly and not 100% accurate.

imaccooper

macrumors 6502
May 29, 2014
North Carolina

Agreed on all points.

MonkeySee....

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Sep 24, 2010
UK
Also if I want to work on this on my Mac then on my iPad when I'm away from home can I do that? Its not a finished product yet so not really sure if you can do that e.g like pages etc?

Dave Braine

macrumors 68040
Mar 19, 2008
Warrington, UK
but stretch the middle out so it seamlessly blends as one long track.
Can't be done. How can you get a 59 second piece of music to last 5 minutes?

I know I can cut the middle out and then repeat
That's the only way. I've done it with 10/20/30 second cuts to extend a 4 minute piece, but I wouldn't dream of trying to do what you want. You'll just get endless(well 5 at least) repetition of the same piece of music.

MonkeySee....

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Sep 24, 2010
UK
Can't be done. How can you get a 59 second piece of music to last 5 minutes?

That's the only way. I've done it with 10/20/30 second cuts to extend a 4 minute piece, but I wouldn't dream of trying to do what you want. You'll just get endless(well 5 at least) repetition of the same piece of music.

Its background jingle/music so it won't be out of place repeating in the background.

Its this tune and I was looking to extend to jingly bit in the middle...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-zERbBCJMQ

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.