Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xoreu

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 12, 2006
I am starting work on an iMovie project, and I'm anticipating having to go back and forth between the iMovie HD applications in iLife '05 on one computer and '06 on another one.

I don't plan on doing lots of advanced version-specific effects; the only semi-irregular feature I'll be using is the Ken Burns effect.

That being said, will I have any problems going between those two versions? What things, if any, won't work? Have you had any experiences doing this?

Teh Don Ditty

macrumors G4
Jan 15, 2007
Maryland
I am starting work on an iMovie project, and I'm anticipating having to go back and forth between the iMovie HD applications in iLife '05 on one computer and '06 on another one.

I don't plan on doing lots of advanced version-specific effects; the only semi-irregular feature I'll be using is the Ken Burns effect.

That being said, will I have any problems going between those two versions? What things, if any, won't work? Have you had any experiences doing this?

If I'm not mistaken, iLife 06 converts any 05 files so you may run into a problem with that. Don't quote me though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.