iMovie camera connection

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by bryanall, Jan 8, 2011.

1. bryanall macrumors newbie

I run a Mac Pro 2 x 2.66 GHz Dual Core Intel OSX 10.5.8 and have been editing video with iMovie HD 5.0.2 for several years. I recently connected my Sony DVR-2100E camcorder to iMovie, imported and edited footage. When I tried to export the edited footage back to the camera iMovie refused to recognise either of my 2 camcorders and would not connect. Although I have iMovieHD installed I do not appear to have iLife. I also have iMovieHD 5.0.2 installed on my Powerbook. When I connect either of my 2 camcorders to the Powerbook they connect OK to iMovie BUT the moment I try to export any footage back to camera it immediately crashes and say's it has lost the connection. This happens every time. If I purchase the Snow Leopard upgrade for Leopard for $39 will it have iLife with a full version of iMovie included, or will I have to purchase a full installation version? I am hoping that a newer version of iMovie with iLife will solve my problems. Can anyone please advise? bva.

2. Dave Braine macrumors 68040

Dave Braine

You can't share back to a camcorder with iMovie9/11. iMovie6HD was the last one to offer that option.

3. bryanall thread starter macrumors newbie

Many thanks for that David, looks like i'll have to put my thinking cap on again. bva