iMovie cannot import iMovie projects

itsmeworld

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 5, 2014
Hi,

I have the version 10.0.5,

I edited a video using iMovie then saved/exported/shared it as an MP4 file. However, when I tried importing it again on iMovie, it said 'None of the selected files or folders can be imported. Change the selection and try again. '
So I tried importing other AVI files, and it worked.
Then, I tried converting the initial file to an AVI. But when I tried importing it, it said the same thing.

Can't the new version of iMovie import its own shared files?

Accoustic22

macrumors newbie
Apr 23, 2018
Hi,

I have the version 10.0.5,

I edited a video using iMovie then saved/exported/shared it as an MP4 file. However, when I tried importing it again on iMovie, it said 'None of the selected files or folders can be imported. Change the selection and try again. '
So I tried importing other AVI files, and it worked.
Then, I tried converting the initial file to an AVI. But when I tried importing it, it said the same thing.

Can't the new version of iMovie import its own shared files?
[doublepost=1524540708][/doublepost]I was having this issue as well. Initially, I exported the file onto my desktop and then immediately tried to import it back into iMovie and received that error message. I waited a few minutes and received a message from iMovie that my export was successful. I tried imported the exported iMovie again after that message, and it worked. Many this will work for you as well.