Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

itsmeworld

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 5, 2014
Hi,

I have the version 10.0.5,

I edited a video using iMovie then saved/exported/shared it as an MP4 file. However, when I tried importing it again on iMovie, it said 'None of the selected files or folders can be imported. Change the selection and try again. '
So I tried importing other AVI files, and it worked.
Then, I tried converting the initial file to an AVI. But when I tried importing it, it said the same thing.

Can't the new version of iMovie import its own shared files?

Accoustic22

macrumors newbie
Apr 23, 2018
Hi,

I have the version 10.0.5,

I edited a video using iMovie then saved/exported/shared it as an MP4 file. However, when I tried importing it again on iMovie, it said 'None of the selected files or folders can be imported. Change the selection and try again. '
So I tried importing other AVI files, and it worked.
Then, I tried converting the initial file to an AVI. But when I tried importing it, it said the same thing.

Can't the new version of iMovie import its own shared files?
[doublepost=1524540708][/doublepost]I was having this issue as well. Initially, I exported the file onto my desktop and then immediately tried to import it back into iMovie and received that error message. I waited a few minutes and received a message from iMovie that my export was successful. I tried imported the exported iMovie again after that message, and it worked. Many this will work for you as well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.